Does a contraction feel like..

Lower back shooting pain? Lastnight I woke up with the worse sharp pains in my back. They would go halfway in my legs and my groin. They would come off and on. It was dark and didnt time them but I'm guessing they were about 5-10 minutes apart. My stomach would go hard and it felt like I was in one big painful cramp. It stayed like that for about an hour or two. Is this a contraction?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Imagine your stomach tightening - with this twist, pain & cramp all into one - you cant talk or anything through it..... you have to clench something through it..... thats how my contractions were...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• What you describe may indeed have been a contraction. Did you ever hear Carol Burnett describe childbirth> She said take your bottom lip and pull it over your head..LOL
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It sounds like you were having contractions. Contractions can feel like back cramps from your period, a tightening in the stomach (sometimes feels like you need to have a bowel movement and sometimes it's like your sucking in but you can't control it), cramps (like period) in the lower adomen, and sometimes just cramps in the hips, legs and groin.

They aren't always painful at first. In fact some women can get to a 5-6 before they start feeling discomfort. Either way wait until your contractions get 4 minutes apart for 1 hour and are lasting 1 minute long before heading to the hospital. GOOD LUCK Sweetie!! I hope you see your baby soon!
    Anonymous

• My contractions were like the worst period cramps I have ever had x100. I said to my Husband during labor that you could cut my leg off with a chainsaw and it wouldnt even hust. Hmmmmm still wanna go into labor??? lol
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• sorry- feel it. type o up top
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2009