Can a pregnant lady ride a bicycle??

Just wondering, i'm not pregnant but thinking of getting pregnant but i wanna know what kind of exercise i would still be able to do to keep in shape.

firstXmomTX

Asked by firstXmomTX at 7:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• ya you could ride a bike as long as you could still swing your leg over the seat! i know alot of mommies that take a spin class at a gym while they are prego! so its fine! Good luck!!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It's the only exercise my neighbor and I did while pregnant (except for walking) so yes you can

Answer by admckenzie at 7:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I did, and no problems. My doctor told me I could continue any activity that I was already used to doing. But to not take on any new things.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• As long as you have a healthy pregnancy, you can do pretty much anything someone who is not pregnant can...it's pregnancy, not a life threatening injury. I mean no weight lifting or equally strenuous things but biking...go for it.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I am not so sure...falling off a bike could do harm to the baby. I would stick to walking - I'm sure a stationary bike would be ok!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I had to laugh just picturing a lady with a big belly riding a bike. -Of course I pictured a bike like the one the witch rode in the wizzard of OZ. ha!ha!.

Walking I think is good.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I was so big while pg I woulda been scared of tipping over. Center of gravity is off a bit y'know :) I would have to laugh if I saw a pg lady zipping down the street on a bike. Just take it slow and don't strain yourself getting on the seat, as pp said lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2009