daughter hits!

my daughter is almost 17 months old & she hits! we dont hit her & she is in daycare and her class has 6 other boys and im assuming shes learning it from there. any tips on how to get her to stop hitting? any help would be wonderful!

Avasmommy17

Asked by Avasmommy17 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put her in time out every time she does it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Thanks for asking the question, my son does it as well. He is two just last week. Is in a day care with five other boys and only one girl. I just keep enforcing we do not hit and after telling him once or maybe twice not to hit he then goes in timeout for two minutes. He still does it once in a while but I am told its just his age and I just have to keep saying we do not hit. In time he will stop, or so I am told. Good luck, stay strong.
    mydreamowen

Answer by mydreamowen at 8:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Put her in time out, one in a corner that she has to face works very well. She can't see what is going on behind her and that drives them NUTS! A few times of that and that should cure her!
    Pattyeb12

Answer by Pattyeb12 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• just let her know it is wrong to hit and to not do it....

at 17 months i find putting them in the corner a little much... imo they are still to young to understand that, they are being "punished"

my son is 2 and hits like crazy... whenever he doesnt get his way he will come up and hit me... i just grab his hand (not hard) and tell her "no! hitting is mean, your hurt mommies feelings... you don't hit people"...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009