Christians - Is it okay to sin as long as you know you'll be forgiven?

There was comment on a nother question that said, "Chrisitans don't have to live the way Jesus would have, we sin, we'll be forgiven, it's all good." Is this how you feel? And if it is are you really christian??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. we are told in Romans 6:1 -4 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

and there are many verses about Christians not 'bearing fruit' being 'cut off'
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• ummmmm no it isn't ok to sin
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No, it isn't okay to sin! We should all try to live as purely as possible. When we do slip up, however, we do get to go to God, confess our sins, and ask for forgiveness.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 8:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• kiter: and there are many verses about Christians not 'bearing fruit' being 'cut off'

See, this is why I don't believe in the "Once saved always saved" it's not that one has to be re-baptized but that they can lose there salvation and must repent of willful sinning to regain their salvation....

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Was this a Once Saved-Always Saved question? I wasn't saying one way or the others along those lines. there are verses that can be interpreted as both ways in that regard- hencethe heated debate in Christian Circles on that topic.

just don't want anyone to think I was saying I believed one way or the other about that topic.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• NO, we need to follow in Jesus example.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I don't agree with it. Yes its unavoidable to sin. We should do our best. Actually we are supposed to live as like Jesus as much as we can. No I do not think she is a Christian by her words. If she is one she is a uneducated one. Who doesn't know as much as she should on the subject.
    Anonymous

• No, that is tempting fate IMO.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My now ex husband claimed he was a born again chrisitian and any abuse he did to me was fine since he was the head of the household.
    He said as we left the court house,him in hand cuffs after he admitted to trying to burn my body to rid the evil that the only person it matters to, is not me,the judge, but god and if he asks for forgiveness it did not happen so therefore if god can forgive it means i lied and the devils,took him down from helping make the world a better place with his faith to those seeking the truth...
    He was so bad feeling he was right the judge made sure he could never be around me again.
    He never made apologies since he felt he was following what god said,i will never forgegt the look on the judge and the officers to hear it admitted since he felt it was faith excempted from any legal action.
    Anonymous

• No it is not ok to sin.. but do we sin .. yes. Grace never gives us a license to sin but it does point us to Jesus and the finished work of the Cross to enable us to be free of sin.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009