For those that have been divorced with children..

Did you keep your married name so that you and the kids would have the same last name, or return to your maiden name? A part of me want to keep my married name for the kids, but another part wants his name off of mine. I love my maiden name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I took my maiden name back, my kids didn't really react to it.. I have since remarried and they all want my lastname now because they are crazy about their stepDAD,lol Nothing to do with me,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have a son out of wedlock, OMG. If the day comes I should be fortunate enough to marry I plan to keep my name for my sons sake. I just feel as he goes thru school I want his and my name to be the same. Call me oldfashioned. He also has his dads last name, I hyphend it although I don't use it and never will. I added his fathers name at the end solely for my son, if he wants it when he is older he can take it. Otherwise he and I will have the same name. I am not sure how my husband to be might feel but I guess I will cross that bridge if and when it happens.
    mydreamowen

Answer by mydreamowen at 8:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I kept my married name. I actually still like it, and also wanted to have the same name as my son. I don't really like my maiden name. No other reasons than that.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 9:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009