• In the Spotlight:

Can anyone recommend>>>

a bottle for a newborn that has a nipple that is more like breastfeeding? I need help with too many air bubbles??? My new baby boy keeps immediately spitting up formula and I think that its the cheap bottles I have now that may be why... Does walmart have anything????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried breastfeeding directly from the breast? a SNS system?

Anonymous

• NUK. I really liked these ones. They are wide and they are shaped most like a nipple. They also have a little hole on the top of the nipple that is supposed to help with air bubbles. They are not too expensive at Walmart either...
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 8:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Our daughter drank breast milk out of the Avent bottle and always did fine... they have it at Babies R Us or Target, not sure about Walmart... and now their bottles are BPA free, so that's an added benefit.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I used the aforementioned NUK bottles as well. My son was really picky about bottle nipples and this is the only ones he would take.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Wow does this sound like me a year and a half ago. My son until he was eight months spit up all the time, morning, noon and night. I thought I was going to go crzy. What helped early on though was enfamil gentlease, sorry if the spelling is off. That stuff saved my life, I spent so much money on this bottle, that bottle, every nipple I could find and after all that frustration it was the type of formula. Not sure what you have your child on but I would suggest you buy a small can of gnetlease and see if that makes a difference. I took my son to the Dr as well because I swore he had that reflux whatever, but nope, it was his sensitive tummy.
    mydreamowen

Answer by mydreamowen at 8:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• what is SNS system????
    Anonymous

• I can not breastfeed I have to take high blood pressure medication.
    Anonymous

• I use nestle good start because that is what WIC provides.. This just started happening 1 week ago too! He was fine with the bottles when he first came home.I was worried that he was sick or something but no temp and not irritable at all.
    Anonymous

• You can still nurse while on high blood pressure medication, I did. Can't your Dr. change your prescription so you can nurse? I nursed and pumped (used NUK bottles) for 15 months on medication and DD is fine. I always told the Dr. or nurse I was seeing that I was nursing and they always found medication that was safe.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 9:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I hear NUK is a good bottle, the closest to the breast I think. Actually I use NUK for my son as well. His pediatrician prescribed Nutramigen for the spitting up but made it worse. Also try feeding your little one more propped up and after eating try letting him sit there a minute or two and then burp. It may help. My sister used Carnation good start or something like that and she didn't have issues with spitting up...my son is on enfamil lipil, he still spits up...oh, also you may want to try the nipples with a slower flow so they don't eat so fast, sometimes that causes gas and spitting up...let's see also maybe try boiling your water and letting it cool of course and then use that with the formula...hope this helps!
    newirishmommy

Answer by newirishmommy at 9:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009