Rocket Fuel in baby formula question?

My daughter is 10 mos old. This whole thing is freakin me out should i go soy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is in everything!!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No, but you should read the articles printed more carefully.

She's going to be fine.

It's in the water, and the higher concentrations of the chemical (it's not rocket fuel, it's a chemical component OF rocket fuel) are in breastmilk, not formula, because of the water mothers drink.

It's another case of the media using scare tactics.
    Anonymous

• woah.... i def. missed something?? what's going on?? is their a place i can read about this??

if you have a boy i would stay away from soy, i have heard bad things about it when it comes to giving it to boys
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• There is some group fighting Formula Companies because the use a component of it in the mix. Formula has lots of bad things in it and there have been 22 recalls since the 80's. It's all about $$$$ so it's unlikely anything will change.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• its in both breastmilk and formula...not intentionally in formula but b/c of the cows milk...its also in water lettuce but it's in such small amounts that I don't think its harmful...scare tactics, I think....I have the article on my profile page in a journal post.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• UM, ok, lets be sure we are getting facts straight here, YES, it is in the water AND in the formula so when the water is mixed with the formula that is even MORE that the FF baby is getting, lets not play it off as scare tactics, its very true, EVERY baby MAY be at risk BUT FF babies are getting more if there contaminated formula is mixed with contaminated water.

Thank God I double filter my water, I have been doing this for a while now! I have a PUR filter on the tap, then I put that water into a Britta pitcher...it may not get every little thing but it makes me feel much better about drinking the water!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• What I wish they would do is release the brands they tested so FF moms would know, because I believe they have a right to know, id want to know! AND they need to determine exactly how much babies are being exposed to and what the true effects are....they say they dont know, well, I think maybe they should figure it out!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2009