• In the Spotlight:

Racing fans... When can you safely take a baby to the races?

We have an opportunity to go to a race in June... our daughter will be 15 months old. Should we find a sitter or is it safe to take her? I tried googling 'noise/safe/baby/nascar, etc... and couldnt get anything.

mse04

Asked by mse04 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think most might say it is not, but we took our daughter I think about 10 months old and we tried putting little ear plugs in her ears she wanted nothing to do with it lol so we just watched her to see if it was to loud for her she loves loud noises though lol she was waving a flag and everything she loved it we took her like 4 times that summer she is 4 now and cant wait to go to the races this summer lol. My youngest DD is 15 months old wwe plan on taking her. If they have sensitive ears they may not like it much. I would say take him once and see what he does if he doesn't like it then wait until he is a bit older.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• In my opinion, and honestly the only race I have been to was at Bristol, TN. But in my opinion, I feel it was WAY too loud for a child. I thought it great fun, and I wore earplugs, but the noise actually gave me a headache. I would not take one of my children to a race.
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 9:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009