Can you eat

ok im 26 weeks and was wondering is it okay to eat deli meat like turkey or pepperoni

Love_My_Lil_One

Asked by Love_My_Lil_One at 9:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They say it's fine as long as you heat it up first. I personally never heated it up ( i know shame on me) anyway both my kids were perfectly healthy, so i think it's up to you.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yea it's fine... why not?? omg i loved pepperoni's while i was preggo!! i still do... i eat them all by themseleves
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• you know a friend of mine told me when she got pregnant the first time she had miningitus and she said her doctor told her that deli meet is what caused it i am not sure if that is true but after that i was afraid to eat it i did ask my doctor though he said it wasn't true so i am not sure as i was still afraid to eat it lol. I heard it has a lot of bacteria in it so she said the doctor told her if she were to eat it then she needed to fry it first so i have no idea would like to know this as well
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would not because they both probably contain sodium nitrate which is not good to consume at any time. I think it is a known carcinogen.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• they are said to possibly contain bacteria and to be safe they advise against eating things like deli meats and certain cheeses. I never heard anything about pepperoni though.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 9:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes ... and I never heated mine up, GROSS!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i ate it. i still do. im on baby number two and still nothing wrong with either of them =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• im on baby #3 and subway was my fav.. i ate it ALOT and my dr said to me that she doesnt understand why they say deli meat is bad.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I am on my second pregnancy and my first ob told me not to and I never listened. This time the ob never said anything about it. I think its fine.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 11:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2009