i think my son has a Yeast(sp) infection on his tongue how or what can i do to get rid of it??

btw he is 2 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep thrush is a yeast infection in and around the mouth. you'll have to take him the doctor for medicine. my daughter had it when she was in the nicu. they gave her some kind of oral medicine. it's usually no big deal if it's treated but it can affect feeding if it's not.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 11:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes, its called thrush. My daughter never got it so I'm not sure how its treated. I think you'll probably have to get an oral medication from your child's pediatrician.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It's probably Thrush. My son had it, you have to get oral medication from your pediatrician.

I don't remember the medication he was on, but he is on Nystatin (topical) right now because he has a yeast infection on his lower regions LOL. He was on Amoxicilian for an ear infection and this is a side effect. Lovely!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• no he still got his voice lol but he has been crying and crying and he does not sleep!
    Anonymous

• yea sounds like thrush, if it is it wont go away without treatment....

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yeah def get it checked out, could be thrush...which is a yeast infection in the mouth. Nystatin is used topically and orally for yeast infections depending where it is...also good for yeast infection under chins/necks...ya know how all that drooling and stuff gets
    newirishmommy

Answer by newirishmommy at 9:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my son just went through this. some people call it thrush. you may need to take him to the doctor. they prescribed an oral liquid medicine called Nystatin. Four times a day, piece of cake. It went away in about a week. Has your poor little one lost his voice? mine did, it took three days for it to come back. so sad!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009