What do you do when?

What do you do when you need to tell someone something but you promised someone else you wouldn't tell? I have a huge dilema.. My husbands sister is more then likely pregnant..She told me but told me not to tell my DH. She is only 15..What do I do?

Alexsmom04

Asked by Alexsmom04 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly. I would tell. I mean, she's fifteen. She really shouldn't be having sex anyways. Talk to her. Ask her if she plans on telling her mom and when. If she can't give you an answer i would tell DH. My DF's little sister will be fifteen next year and if she got pregnant and told me, and asked me not to tell, she'd be outta luck. But I'm close with their family, so it might be different. IDK, but if i was you, then I would tell. I'm just glad im not.... lol no offense. at least not yet =/
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Don't tell him. My mom told everyone when iI was pregnant. She'll have to tell her family eventually. Give her time to do it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sad to say, if you promised, this is not really one of those times that it's your place to say something about it. it's not going to go unnoticed. I afree with sarapurser...give her time. she's young, but she'll find her way through this. try to support her if you can, I'm sure she'll need someone she can turn to. good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Don't tell him. But talk to her and tell her she should tell him. You can go as far as telling her that you are going to tell him, just to get her reaction. She may really 'want' you to tell him, because she is afraid to and just doesn't know how.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 9:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• thanks. It's just hard because I never hide anything from my DH
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just learn from this in case there's a next time.... When my friends or family confide in me they know that I'm open with my Hubby and they know in advance that I tell him everything... It makes life so much easier and your Hubby will respect you more for it...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 9:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• it sucks, but she should be the one to tell.
    she cant hide it forever. eventually a belly bump will come out.
    your DH may be upset about it, but just explain to him that you didn't think it was your place to say anything.
    amber.nicole

Answer by amber.nicole at 9:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• her mom knows but is in denial. It just sucks because I dont want her to think she cant trust me and my DH to think I hide stuff from him..Ahhh I dont know.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2009