How do you meet people,with a positive outlook, and looking for friends who share similarities when it comes to special need's and just basic mothering that is a everyday issue?

what i am trying to explain is raising a special needs child and living as a single mom and just dealing with a life that feels so alone, and i have no family so yes i am going through med school and etc and man it is sooo hard meeting friends that r true and like to hang out and do play dates as well as help people in need so fourth is there any cafe moms that understand where i am coming from?

baybee7171

Asked by baybee7171 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Hang in there. I know it is hard. My son has a learning disability, but others have far grimmer situations than me. I know that there are people out there that share your plight and people that you will form great relationships with, just takes patience. Keep taking care of you and your child. You're doing great things! I have a friend who's sister just met the man of her dreams that fully accepted her and her severely disabled 9 yr old daughter, and loves them and "helps" them in every way. So good things do happen!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 9:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I know exactly where your coming from, I am in the same situation. I have friends but they all live at least 30 to 40 miles from me. I too have a special needs child so if you want a friend I'm here. Hugs.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 12:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009