Does anyone know of any good excercise DVD's I can get?

I want to find a DVD that I can get to help me lose weight. A couple would be great. I can't afford to go to the gym. It is just not fitting into our budget right now. I need the names of the DVD and where you got it from. I don't have any excercise equipment here. I really am looking forward to working out and getting back into shape. Back to the way I looked 7 years ago. Thanks!!!

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm not really sure.. I'm looking for a fitness DVD myself. I've been looking into Jillian Micheals from the Biggest Loser. The reviews from amazon say the videos really help.
    KristiNicole09

Answer by KristiNicole09 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My friend and I walk about four miles every day we can with our little ones. But I recently found a video where we can get our four or even five miles in. Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos. I bought three of them on Amazon. Walk Slim 4 really big miles is one. I love it! I also bough two of her five mile ones. You can pick if you want to walk 1-2-3-4 or 5 miles too! I lost two lbs last week. Now I'm not sure they are just from those videos but I wouldn't be surprised. I also take a hip-hop dance class once a week, but I really do believe the videos are helping more then anything. My mom has been doing an exercise class with these and has seen some major results! Good luck!
    Grantsmom08

Answer by Grantsmom08 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Okay so i saw this on an infomercial and it was called Turbo Jam. Google it and you can order it online. It looks amazing and I wish I could get it!!! I'm pregnant though and can't use it till later =[
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have a few good ones for you to try.

Workout by Jackie Warner ... it is based off her reality show on Bravo called Workout. Her DVD is great. It gives you 20 minutes of upper body, 20 minutes of lower body, and 20 minutes of abs. The cool thing is that you can customize your workout and do only one of them if you want (you can choose which one in the Main Menu). Or you could do only two, or all three. It is a great workout. You should have some hand weight for the upper body.

30 Day Shed by Jillian on Biggest Loser ... I like this DVD but I really don't like Jillian. Her voice drives me crazy. If you like the show, and her, then you would like this DVD. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but the DVD is okay.

Yoga for Weight Loss by Biggest Loser ... I have not tried this one yet, but will this week. I'm pretty excited about it. It had good ratings online.

Got all of these off Amazon.com
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Billys Boot Camp. It's a whole series of different workouts. I did the cardio and abs one the most and I LOVE them. When I started doing them I was like 'this is ridiculous I'll never loose weight this way" bc they were so EASY and low impact. Then the next morning after doing just 1 hour I woke up and could feel all the muscles I had worked out. WORKED LIKE A CHARM. I gained 65 lbs while pregnant and started working out when my son was 2 months old and by the time he was 4 mo I was back down to preprego weight
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My suggestion would be to get a Netflix account and use it to rotate a number of workout DVDs to keep your routine fresh. A good combination of workout DVDs for beginners is Abs For Dummies and Leslie Sansome's Walk Away The Pounds. You can alternate days on the DVDs, stick to a 200o-calorie eating plan and Bob's your uncle, you will lose weight and tone up.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have the Winsor Pilates with CIrcle DVD, and I like it. I've also heard great things about Jillian (or is it Gillian?) Michaels' workout. I can't remember what it's called, but you can probably Google it.
    Anonymous

• Any of the Turbo Jam sets at Beachbody.com. I love turbo jam and have really gotten into shape with it!
    Anonymous

• all jillian michaels dvds and p90x
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 11:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2009