Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fevers?

Ok, so you can totally tell me if I am being to paranoid about this. I am definately not about to rush to the ER or anything, but was thinking of calling my DD's ped in the a.m. She is 16 months old, been running a fever of around 102 today and yesterday. Yesterday she didn't even eat anything, but was taking liquids at least. She also just got over an ear infection and some infection in her lungs. We were giving her azithrymicin(sp?) and albutoral treatments in the neb(still doing these!).

So, my question is, do you think I need to get her in to see the Dr or just wait and see? The fevers do calm when she takes tylenol and/or Motrin, which I alternate. But she has been taking this stuff almost every 4 hours. Is that normal?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I'd be concerned that the infections are not gone.She should see the doc tomorrow.
    TMJ121099

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

  • If it has been going on for two days that high and is still like that tomorrow I would definitely call her doctor. The meds may not be working.
    lilbit837

    Answer by lilbit837 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

  • i would call the dr. to make an appointment as soon as possible...

    thats good she is taking liquids... make sure she stays hydrated
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

  • take her in tomorrow mor, flu season is not over and cant b treated if not caught early
    mommymeg03

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

  • I'd cal the dr. in the morning. Fever and infection scare me too!
    gavinsmoma

    Answer by gavinsmoma at 9:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

  • Thanks ladies! I got her into the dr the next morning and we found that she now had a double ear infection.
    mommy_bink

    Answer by mommy_bink at 6:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009