Can I....

Feed my almost 8 month old son pieces of really soft potato instead of puffs to maybe fil him up better? I feed him 4 meals a day 2 of cereal and 2 of baby food. But since he's just started crawling about a month ago he's eating like crazy and I dont want to give him more meats then one a day because I'm not sure how much is to much and I dont want to give him to much formula either.. I give him water in his sippy cup and he's not fond of it but if he's thursty he will drink it.. I've tryed everything I know.. And yet he's still hungry.. So I was eating a baked potato tonigh and he wanted a bite so I gave him one of just potato not with all the butter and salt on it like I was eating.. and he loved it.. So I was wondering if that would be more filling and maybe he wouldnt be so hungry all the time?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure you can! I give my daughter all kinds of veggies & fruits. You don't have to give them just veggies that are in the baby food jars. You can mix it up a bit. Sounds like your baby is wanting more than just baby food. Maybe try giving him more table foods. Try some bread maybe like some toast. Even though babies don't have or have little teeth they still can have solids other than mushy stuff. Just give it to him in little pieces and watch over him.
    Anonymous

• If he can eat it and it doesn't hurt him, then go for it. Everyone always has a "certain age" that they think a child should start eating regular food. My dd was eating pretty much everything we were by the time she was 9 months old. It really depends on the child and what they can handle.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes you can give him potatoes or maybe you can try and mix cereal in with his other foods as well or feed him and give him like a 2 oz bottle after wards
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 9:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Oh I've tried he gets oatmeal mixed with all his meals since this started.. It doesnt seems to help.. He's on the move constantly lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Go for it! :] Fruit would be good too.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes potatos are cool especially if he has teeth my 9 month old is just like that like he is alwys hungry he has 2 teeth and he ont eat baby food at all he wants all table food so thats all he eat and he's been like this since he was 7 months his doctor told me that thats a good thing continue to feed what he wants as long as he dont choke on it...
    paige87

Answer by paige87 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I give mine whatever I'm eating in a mesh feeder. he loves it. I also put a teaspoon of cereal in all his bottles.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes. My second daughter was aeting a variety of regular food around 6-7 months (my first daughter didn't) It depends on the child~they're all a little different:)
    HelloKitty1225

Answer by HelloKitty1225 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You can puree anything that you eat to feed your son. I always added either oatmeal or rice. I, also, included a little formula (already mixed with water) for added nutrition.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2009