Why did I start my period??

I have been using Birth control for 2 weeks now, and I started my period again. I just had my period like 2 weeks ago. Why did I start again? I was on the pill before and it never did that to me.

DamiansMommy703

Asked by DamiansMommy703 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• I had the same problem. I was on Loestrin24 and then stopped taking it. Now I'm back on it and the first pack I started bleeding in my second week and didn't stop until I started the 2nd pack. Then with that one I was fine the first week, bled the 2nd week and then havent bled since then. (i'm now on my 3rd pack and didnt even get anything when I was on the iron pills.) My doc told me all 3 times I called "Well give it 3 months for your body to adjust and if you still ave problems after 3 months we will switch you" Good luck. It sucks being the bloody one for so long but hey if it balances out and you don't bleed later it might just be worth it
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 9:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• .What birth control are you on? It is usually normal to be "spotting"
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009