Pregnancy question

I just reached my 6 month mark in my pregnancy and I am still barely showing, you can start to tell my stomach is getting bigger but when will it really be noticeable? I always thought 6 months is when you are supposed to pop out? I am probably worried over nothing. I was just at the doctor Thursday and he measured me and everything and didn't seem concerned. I am probably just being paranoid.

sheenar

Asked by sheenar at 9:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah. i think you are just paranoid lol... start with the lotions and stuff for stretch marks now... the weight PILED on for me at seven months and just didnt stop... good luck and congrats =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Is this your first? I'm guessing yes. Anyway I had my first 19 months ago. Congrats! haha With the first baby some women don't start really showing till later on. I didn't even get "big preg" until I was about 7 or 8 months then two weeks before he came I got even bigger! But I also had a friend that said no one could tell she was pregenant until she was almost to her third trimester. I've heard that with each pregnancy you start showing earlier and earlier. Just relax and pamper yourself with this first one. You won't get to very much with the next one. :o)
    Grantsmom08

Answer by Grantsmom08 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Is it your first baby? Your stomach muscles actually semi seperate in the middle to allow for expansion of your uterus. So if it is the first baby it may not happen untill a few weeks from now, and also a little longer if you are in really good shape already arounf your midsection. But when it happens it will be like you really popped overnite, you will wake and and be like woah, that was not there before...lol
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• every pregnancy is different. My sister in-law is 6 months too and she is barely showing. I don't think it's anything to be worried about. I would be happy that i'm not huge yet lol. You'll probably be a lot bigger in the next month or 2 when the baby hits a growth spur. Good luck and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Consider yourself lucky. Some of us look 6 months preg when we are really only 3. As long as your doc isn't concerned, you have no reason to be either. Enjoy the rest of your preg. Im sure you'll "pop" soon. And Congrats!!!
    Anonymous