Hello Ladies, Can someone help me out by telling me, if it is safe to be on an airplane while Pregnant? If so when is it okay? How many weeks? I am 10 weeks now.Thank you

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 9:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im flying at 32 weeks (have to-- no way around it)-- i have also flown with this and the last 2 pregnancies in the first tri with no problems-- as long as your doc gives you an ok your fine-- drink plenty of fluids, try to get an isle seat, and know where the bathrooms are-- if your flight is more than 2 hr i think it is, get up and walk around-- i flew from pennsylvania to alaska and back at 3 months with no problems-- have a good trip
    armywife7885

Answer by armywife7885 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes, it is safe to travel by airplane in the first and second trimester as long as there are no serious complications! Be safe! Congrats
    engraham

Answer by engraham at 9:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i think your only allowed to do it the second trimester cause i know someone that was only like 8 weeks and went on a plane and had her baby in the bathroom but i would just ask your doctor!!!
    Anonymous

• I think the doctor asks you not to travel by plane after you hit the 3rd trimester ; ]
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I went on a plane at 30 weeks and my doctor said it was fine. I believe that some airlines also have their own cut off. You can check on their websites.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yeah, you can travel on a plane up until you dont feel comfortable anymore..i flew alot w my 1st pregnancy to visit family...i stopped after about 30 or 32 wks just to be on the safe side of not going into labor...call the airline you plan on flying with or TSA (i think thats what they're called)
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009