im ready for him to get here... help?!

im 39 weeks, due in 7 more days (April 12), and im soo ready for my baby boy to get here.
i want him to come when he is ready, but is there anything i can do to help make him get here faster?
one friend mentioned swinging, another mentioned drinking castrol oil, and a few mentioned getting induced. none of those ideas sound safe to me, and DR says i cant be induced enless the baby drops.

over a week ago, my DR said he thought my baby was 8 and half pounds, and iv read that babys can gain a half pound each week now... so im kinda nervous that if he stays in me until hes ready, he may be too big to birth vaginally, and that i will be in so much pain.

any ideas to help make my baby drop or come faster?

PLEASE HELP!

piercedmomma412

Asked by piercedmomma412 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have lots of orgasms!!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sex. lol It works. That's the advice my mom gave me.
    Grantsmom08

Answer by Grantsmom08 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• nipple stimulation worked for me. i went into labor 2 days after i started doing that a couple times a day. I also walked a lot. I wouldn't try castor oil! I did it and it made me throw up all day so not a good idea. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i can try to have orgasms from self masterbation, but im not with the daddy or seeing anyone (and havent for the past 6 months) so sex wont really work for me... wish it was an option tho! ;)
    piercedmomma412

Answer by piercedmomma412 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• oh yes and walking!! my sis inlaw walked a mile uphill downhilland at diff paces and had her baby the next day ; ]
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 10:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sex works. There is something in the semen. Did this and had baby the next day.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about the size. The OB is just guessing. Even if he used an US it is still only a "guess" They can be off by a pound or more. And plenty of mamas have given birth vaginally to 9 pound babies. I was 1 ounce away from 9 pounds at birth and was delivered vaginally. I have heard that walking, nipple stimulation and sex can help. But none of then will do you any good unless your body is actually ready. They all do different things too. Sex_ semen helps ripen the cervix. Nipple stimulation - can cause uterine contractions that help open the cervix. Walking - puts pressure of baby down on cervix to help thin it.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• This is just 1 answer to your question about weight - my docs were never right in my PGs. I have 3 kids and they were always so off. They cant tell weight. I think they make or try to make a good est. P.S. - hang on tight girl... your almost there.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• walking will help speed things up but also, if you eat a whole pineapple..I know it sounds like a lot, but pineapple has an antioxident in it that is there is the medicine that is used when induced. I have heard of a lot of people doing this. And of course they don't eat the whole thing in one setting but they do it over a span of 2-3 days. And the baby normally come the next day if not than the next so 1-2 days.
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 8:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2009