how can I convince him?

How can I convinc my husband that it is worth it to pay the $140 to reerve a pavilon a the local park for my son's birthay? Its just so worth it to not have to worry about having a place or not (this park will be very crowded on all the Saturday's in May).

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell him you're spending the money on the party, not on the presents. At age one, your baby probably doesn't need fancy new toys and will probably be getting more than you need from the party, considering he's probably happy to play with a pot and wooden spoon. That is a pricy pavillion, though, wow!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Tell him that you'll buy a party tent and tables (for usually about the same price if not more as renting) and he can wake up early and go to the park and set up everything to ensure you have a place to hold your son's birthday. Oh and tell him not to forget about getting a park permit (if needed)
    Anonymous

• I already checked into that but the park doesn't allow that of any kind.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• He's not old enough to remember. The party ids for the adults~not the child. Make cupcakes at home...save the good stuff for the ones they remember. Memories are everything
    HelloKitty1225

Answer by HelloKitty1225 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I agree with HelloKitty. I went all out for birthday #3, and she doesn't remember that one!!
    3galsmomma

Answer by 3galsmomma at 11:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have to echo the advice to keep it something simple at home. Sorry! Been there and done that with park parties and they are a HUGE chore.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• There will be a lot less clean up for you if it is not at your house. Make sure that he knows that if you have it at home then he will have to help out A LOT that day and afterwards. If it is at a pavilion, then you only really have to worry about throwing everything away when it is all done and not the whole clean up afterwards to get your house back to normal again. After all, it is a kids birthday party and I am sure that all of hte kids are not going to be staying in one room!!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 10:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I would just have it at my house except we live ina tiny studio apartment.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009