Tubal Ligation

Hi, I am considering tubal ligation and just want to hear from some other moms who had it done. Was it painful, recovery time, and if any of you regret getting it done. Thanks.

Yve538

Asked by Yve538 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• I had it done right after the birth of my daughter who was born by c-section. So, it didn't hurt at all. I think some are done as outpatient procedures. I don't regret having mine done...I have my 2 boys and a girl! And BTW, my periods are just as they were before I had it done, if not lighter.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I didnt want it done but had no choice husband said he was done having kids,I wanted to try having a girl in the future, and i think he was too worried about what getting fixed would do for his sex drive. I do long for another baby I'm 36 and wish for a baby girl so my daughter could have a friend instead of a bunch of boys to put up with. I was sick with each one of my pregnancies could'nt keep anything down even with those b shots they gave. As far as the tubal goes I had it done the next day after I had my last son it was quick and I wasnt in pain. As far as I kow you cant have a tubal pregnancy either cause it has the potential to be deadly...
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I thought about that route myself but after having #3 I thought "what if" I want 1 more.......... I ended up getting an IUD. wHICH BELIEVE OR NOT MY dOC SAID IT IS MORE RELIABLE THAN TUBE Tie. - (sorry I hate when I do that) Go figure.
    p.s. the IUD is great.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I had it done after a normal vaginal delivery and it hurt like hell, alot more than the previous delivery and it hurt alot more than what I was told. My girlfriend had it done after her divorce and was told she could work the next day. Not so,she was in bed for 3 whole days.
    Anonymous

• i had mine done like 12hrs after the baby... it hurt more than the pregnancy... i thought i was done having babies i was 25 with 3kids
    i am 30 and now regretting it... my boyfriend wants another kid he has a daughter... and i cant give it to him... he has accepted it but there are days where i am sad that i did it... like today...
    PLEASE BE TOTALLY SURE YOU DONT WANT ANYMORE KIDS!!!!
    c3s

Answer by c3s at 6:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009