clueless

My mom has had trouble with her health for 13 years,she's suffered from depressiona nd anxiety,nothing seems to help she calls me crying and such and we've been their for her numerous times and tryed to encourage her to exercise make friends and maybe even get a parttime job or volunteer somewhere. She always gets exasperated when we suggest good ideas,sometimes I've had to ignore her phone calls cause nothing changes,she does have someone she talks to,but i think they dont care anymore they just want the money,and they have a hold of her money which is only 500 a month,I cant think of anything else to do or say my family has tried being positive with her,she has missed out on her grandkids even,and she alwsy uses the excuse that she needs family,well were here and your still not participating. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• IDK my aunt is like that... always in tears a bout her life we offer suggestions and she finds excuses why not and after years of listening to her and her still being in the same situation. all i can do is listen to her sometimes but a lot of the time i avoid the calls and call when i have enough strengh to hear how bad her life is, there really isn't anything you can do if she won't help herself.. sorry
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• don't ignore her phone calls be willing to lend a listing ear. your mom needs medicine and maybe counseling. You should do what ever it takes to let her see her grandkids even if you have to drive them. whoever is taking your moms money needs to leave the picture they are taking advance of her. I have an aunt with bi-piolyer and my sweetie has mild depression. There are support groups to help families with this.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009