Help please!!

Ok, so yesterday morning I got a BFP, it was very faint. I tested again this morning and got the same thing. All day I have had horrible period-like cramps. I had some mild cramping about a week ago that lasted a few days. But nothing like this, this is pretty bad. I am wondering if this has happened to any of you? I am so scared that I am miscarrying. My period is due tomaoorow, so I am still very early prego. Any advice? I have been told that if I AM miscarrying there is nothing I should do, so I need to just wait it out. True?

lillys_mommy07

Asked by lillys_mommy07 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• From the info I got about miscarriages about 7 years ago I was told it takes 2 weeks for you to even know you miscarried (to show signs of it) but if you took a test yesterday and today and it came up positive (even faint counts) then I'd relax for now. Call the doctor and set up an appointment. tell them your worried about a possible miscarriage just so they will get you in at the earliest possible time. That way you will know for sure. But again from the info I got when I had one you wouldn't be getting positive tests results now. Good Luck I hope everything is ok.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I went to the emergency room when I started spotting and cramping with my first pregnancy because I was so concerned (I was very early into my pregnancy). Basically all they did was draw some blood to run a test and then retest two days later to see if my hormone levels were increasing (if they go up, baby still doing well; going down, not so good). Sadly, there is nothing they can really do beyond that.
    I hope that everything turns out well for you and that your baby is safe.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 10:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My friend just went through a miscarriage today. About 2 weeks ago she called me crying saying that she was bleeding like a period and had some cramping. She was about 7 weeks. She went and had an ultrasound and although they could not see the heartbeat, they said the baby was still in the sac and everything looked ok. Today she came into work and about 2 hrs later started bleeding really heavily along with major cramping. She called the doctor and went straight to the ER and was told she had lost the baby. She had a D&C later in the evening and they told her that they don't think the baby made it past 6 weeks. Sometimes some cramping and spotting is normal but I would call your doctor just in case. I really hope this doesn't happen to you and that you go on to have a very healthy pregnancy. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009