My daughter is getting her first set of shots tomarrow! Any advice ?

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 10:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gin tylenol 2 hours before you go and 2 hours after shots. Rub there leggs. If you baby goes to sleep after and is still her legs will be stiff and sore.
    Anonymous

• Give her Tylenol before you go and put pressure on the area where she will get the shots. It helps with the pain.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Give her some Tylenol or some kind of pain reliever before you go.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• What I did and it worked great was to give Tylenol around the clock for the first 24 hours for the first set of shots. They always get a fever with this set. I did the Tylenol every 6 hours. Also know that when your LO moves their legs it will hurt. So be patient with them. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• so its highly recommended that i give her tylenol before we go to the docs... ?
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 10:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• YES! i was gonna say that too but you've already got 4 other answers telling you to do that.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :)
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 10:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes I still give my son tylenol now and he's almost 8 months old.. I give my son his on the way to the doctor cause it takes about 30 minutes for it to start to work so by the time he gets the shot the tylenol is in his system and working and then he sleeps all the way home... He's great the day he gets them it's the next day he's a butt. But you would be to if you felt the way they did. I would go see if you can find one of those hot\cold packs for babies and use it too.. We have one he I just use an ace bandage and put it on one leg at a time and it seems to help to
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009