Suggested Reading for My Baby?

So I read in my What to Expect When You're Expecting that your babies start to use their senses at 22 weeks. And I want to go ahead and start reading to them. So I was wondering, what are some good books to read? Or did you read to your baby at all?
Anyways, thanks in advance for the replies! :D

LillianG

Asked by LillianG at 10:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as they hear your voice your good. Now that my daughter is born I talk to her all the time. I just let her know what I'm doing and thinking and she is even mimicking what I'm saying. It helps their language development

Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 11:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• u can read whatever u want- i read my nora roberts book out loud lol- just so he can hear me but with all the singing and reading i do with my 3 older boys- i really doubt that hell have any trouble recognizing my voice lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I read some books when I was pregnant but really anything is good- talking, singing... just so they hear mommy's voice. But if you wanted you could start with a book like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Sleepy-Time-Stories/dp/1850819165/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1238987703&sr=11-1.

It has stories like 'Three Little Pigs', 'Snow White', 'Goldilocks & the 3 Bears', 'Jack & the Beanstalk', etc. All the original classic fairy tales that you probably remember hearing as a child. And then after you have your baby you can continue to read the book before bedtime. It's a book I've had for years and still read to my girls- they love it. Congratulations on your new baby!! :)
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 11:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009