Maybe a strange question...

I am very curious what other womens' take on this situation would be. The question is what do you think is the reason for this? Here is the situation:
My SIL had a gentleman stay at her place last night (this is NOT my concern or business for that matter). She lives in an apartment on my FIL's property. Her brother (my BIL) lives next to her, maybe 200 feet away. This afternoon she asked if he or his wife saw her gentlemen friends' car in her driveway this morning. What I don't get is why would an adult feel the need to ask their brother or anyone else for that matter if they saw the vehicle in their driveway? If it were me I wouldn't be concerned what anyone else saw (I am happily married BTW) so asking if someone saw this car just confuses me. What do y'all think? would ask anyone? I am not bothered by it just confused as to what inspires someone to ask and just wanted to know what y'all thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• who cares?
    Anonymous

• what her purpose in asking? She obviously isn't trying to hide the fact he was there or she wouldn't have asked.

I would have just asked her why she asked.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 10:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• OP here: That's what I thought, it came across like she wanted to make sure they saw it. thanks I told my hubby this and needed a little back up (for lack of a better word)
    She did not ask me otherwise I would have just asked her myself. She asked my BILs' wife and she turned around and told us (she was on the phone with SIL). I don't really hang out with any of them other than family functions. We get along fine just have very different interests.
    Anonymous

• Ummm maybe she's trying to make someone jealous? Like an ex of his or hers, that is checking up on them? That's what i would think
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• When I had not seen anyone in a long time (dating wise) I was anxious for someone to know I was seeing someone again. I asked around to see if anyone saw his truck. Even those who didn't see it eventually found out I was seeing someone and it made me feel "normal" again.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• OP here: thank you lades. I hadn't thought it about like that. I am so glad I asked and put it out there. I was afraid of coming across like a nosey nastey SIL.. Really I am just trying to understand it and maybe see it from her point of view.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he left right after she went to sleep and she was wondering what time he left! LOL So she was asking if they saw his truck at a certain time to figure out what time he split?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• OP here: that is too funny.. legalmommy101. LOL
    Anonymous

• If she's in a relationship, it could be that she's feeling guilty about cheating...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009