Can I lose weight while pregnant and NOT hurt my baby?

I lost like 20 lbs in the first five months with my first, but didn't know i was pregnant (LONG STORY). I don't know if it will hurt my baby that I'm pregnant with now but I'm not very far along. I want to look and feel more attractive to my DF. It seems like ever since we found out I'm pregnant he doesn't want to touch me. I know he's not cheating cuz if he's not here, he's at work, and I can check his schedule online, so i know he isnt lying. HELP?! PLEASE?!?!

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 10:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Walking is a great exercise for pregnant women as is swimming [and also the weightlessness feels awesome] but make sure you take it easy. Breathing faster is one thing but exercising to the point where you're out of breath is NOT good. What To Expect recommends exercising a couple times a week for up to a half hour. Don't exercise to lose weight though, you're baby won't develop properly if you deprive and exhaust it. Talk to your doctor to get specifics as your pregnancy grows and your body's needs and capabilities change.
    Eau_Rouge

Answer by Eau_Rouge at 4:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No, you should not deliberately try to lose weight while you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. I lost weight the first 5 months because of the special diet but my baby was still growing.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 10:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You need to talk to your doc about this....not people online.
    Anonymous

• i didnt ask what NOT to do. i was asking if there was anything i could do. if you want to be rude dont answer my questions. simple as that. kthnx

but ANYWAYS kaceesmom, did you gain weight first? maybe i have GD and dont know it yet??
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• F your man. Worry about the baby inside you. Do you want your unborn to have problems just because you want to look good for this guy? He sounds like a tool. It seems like there are more underlying issues than your weight. You are pregnant for 9 months, but that child has to live with the decisions you made while you were pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2009