Question!

You just came out of your favorite restaurant.
You see a hungry man on the street.
Do you give him your food?

MandyOs

Asked by MandyOs at 10:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One time we went to Hardees to get the buy one get one free deals. I wanted hot ham n cheese and he wanted the thickburger? So we got 4 sandwiches, saving two for later. Well, there was this old man in there looked like he was dirty and freezing, putting a bunch of sugars in a coffee. We just knew he was homeless, so dh went over and gave him our extra 2 sandwiches. He seemed really appreciative and ate them quickly. It makes me feel good to help someone, but at the same time, sad to know that there are starving people just miles away.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes definitely! No questions asked. I wouldn't want to be the hungry person on the street. i have a lot of sympathy and compassion for all the homeless people that i see around...I try to give to them whenever I can. You would not believe how many more there are now with the economic situation!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• omg, we went to eat at a restaurant like, 2 years ago, and we got some pastas. we had leftovers so we took them with us. on our way back to the car, some homeless people asked if they could have our food, so we offered it to them. they opened the container and said "oh, eww, it has meat! i'm a vegetarian" and handed it back. really!?? you're starving but can still be picky?!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sure, why not? I already ate. It's not like I wont have food tomorrow like him =[
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• OMG llansky, that would be CRAZY...I don't know what I would say if I starving person turned down the food I offered them. That is just funny!!! LMAO. =)
    Anonymous

• I've given cash to people outside a restaurant or even once to a guy drinking coffee at a booth in Jack in Box. I don't think I would offer my leftovers. It doesn't seem sanitary. Ewww!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes... I too had a homeless person refuse food from me. It was on Sunset Blvd. in L. A.....Hubby and I were eating outside at a restaurant and he approached us and asked for "money for food"....The waiter had just brought the food out and I told him I would have it boxed up for him and he said 'thats okay". He also looked a me strange like he didn't want to eat after me...Never met a stuck up homeless person...Only in L. A.
    actress

Answer by actress at 11:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No way! They are homeless for a reason... usually their fault. Besides, we don't take our leftovers. BUT if for some reason it was a child I would for sure offer money to buy the kid some food.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009