What color can the mucus plug be and can it come out gradually over what length of time?

Thanks!

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It can be clear, yellow, tan, a combination. It could come out over days. You could loose it, grow another and then loose that one too. It's really of no consequence.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 10:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I lost part of my plug at 24 weeks which led to the discovery of an incompetent cervix and being put on bedrest. I still ended up delivering a 32 weeker. So I wouldn't say it's of no consequence depending on WHEN you first start to lose the plug. It's usually not a big deal since it will continue to make more, but I know why I started to lose mine.

It really does look like mucous though and comes in all colors and sizes. It can also be a pinkish color.
    Anonymous

• Here is a picture of what a mucus plug looks like & other information.

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/encyclopedia/M/Mucus-Plug/
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2009