Ibs and doctors office

I know this sounds crazy but I have IBS and everytime I go to the dr. it acts up. I guess because I get stressed about going there. I really dont want to use there bathrooms b/c im embarressed. Has anyone gone to the bathroom at there dr office?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never have because I've never been there longer than an hour but I'm sure they wouldn't mind, c'mon it's a doctors office
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 10:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i do, but i always lock and double check the door, and i wipe the toilet seat with TP before i use it, and i wash my hands thoroughly. i avoid it when i can!!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have the same issue as you.
    What makes it worse is they have told me if it continues they will need to cancel my appointments since i'm taking into other important patient times.
    However they offer no help or relief for this problem or to the risk of the baby since sometimes it gets really bad.
    They made it to the point i find going to them is more of a risk to my and babies health since they yelled at me.
    Anonymous

• I dont know what IBS is, but I go to the bathroom everytime I go to see my doctor. They ask all the women for a urine sample.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• lunamuse89 - IBS is irritable bowel syndrome
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a disorder of the intestines. It causes belly pain, cramping or bloating, and diarrhea or constipation. Irritable bowel syndrome is a long-term problem, but there are things you can do to reduce your symptoms.

Your symptoms may be worse or better from day to day, but your IBS will not get worse over time. IBS does not cause more serious diseases, such as inflammatory bowel disease or cancer.
    Anonymous

• Ah. Well now then, no I dont use the restroom like that when I go. Now I feel just silly for not knowing. But then again my doctor is in a hospital so if the need was to occur, I could always just use one of the main bathrooms on the same floor.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't have any problem at all using the bathroom at the doctors office. If you have to go, you have to go. If it was really bad I might tuck a little can of air freshener in my purse or something, but it IS a bathroom and it IS for people to use...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2009