35 weeks and stomach pain. Need help!

Is it normal to have sharp pain in the top of my stomach that goes under both breasts? The baby is moving quit a bit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i get something similar to that but it mostly stays under one breast- if its coming and runningfrom the top to the bottom of ur stomach u might wanna call a doc if at all possible- if not then i would say drink some cold water (sometimes water can help u feel better) lay down on ur left side and try to relax- but if it keeps up i would def give the doc a call in the am
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You need to call the doctor about this. It could be nothing or something very serious. I'm a good example of that.

I had that with my first and it was because he actaully bruised me from the inside out (he was 40 wks exactly). He also bruised my ribs.

With my second (born 3 days before EDD) I had it again and this time the doctors thought it could be my placenta detching so we did a 1 hour ultrasound (very boring baby slept the entire time lol) and they gave me the option of induction that day or wait 2 days and do the US again. I choose induction (better safe than sorry ya know) but as soon as they hooked me up to the monitor I was already having contractios 10 mins apart, just not noticing them lol. So my placenta wasnt detaching BUT they told me it looked like there was something wrong with it (long story).
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 11:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes it is normal... i would have so much pain i thought the baby ripped tissue inside of me... i went to the doctor a couple times... but they only gave me meds... baby is due soon congrats
    cindythemom

Answer by cindythemom at 12:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2009