Sex talk

I only have a 3 year old, but I was wondering about what age you should start talking to your child about sex and the repercussions of it? I'm not considering talking to her about it now. LOL. I'm just wondering for future reference... :) and what exactly should you say to them?

pamelajqs

Asked by pamelajqs at 11:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It shouldn't be a "talk". It should be an ongoing conversation. Don't ever make it embarrasing and as stuff comes up talk to him about it...he sees poeple kissing passionanlty and is staring or asks, then explain it. He sees animals doing it, expalin it, he asks about babies, explain it according to his age. At 3 I'd say babys come from mommy and daddys who love each other and daddys put the baby into the mommys stomache and in a few months, theres a baby. Just keep it to his age level and keep expalining it over and over as the kid ask more and more quesitons...don't ever make sex embarassing or bad, just something only married ppl can do.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• well my oldest isn't even two yet, so my suggestion isn't based on experience, lol. but i believe that you can start very vaguely and child-friendly at an early age, and as the child gets older and more mature, slowly add different details. like, you can begin with just saying that people give each other kisses to show them that they love them, then later on add that when two people love each other they have babies, and then later add vague "baby-making" details, and then get more specific... etc etc
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i say about 10-12... only because the children today are a lot more smarter then we give them credit for... i wanna tell my child about all of it before his friends decide too...

but i guess it really comes down to maturity
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I had the talk with my son a few years ago. As julians said they learn from their friends at a young age. I am very against teen sex, and I explained to my son that he wants a partner that isn't willing to just hand out her goods. He says he wants to wait till he's married before he has sex, but we will see
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009