Porn

Does it negatively affect your relationship? Do you feel badly about yourself when your husband watches it? I'm asking because I really do. A lot of women disagree with me but I find it very degrading for me. I feel so bad about myself. There's a 'no porn' rule in our house but it's broken frequently. It's more about morals than anything. The Bible says that to look on a woman with lust is to commit adultery with her in your heart...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• porn doesn't bother me because we watch it together, and most of it just makes us laugh.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I feel you OP. If this is a rule you have set up and it's being broken perhaps it's time to talk  to a couples therapist about it. Porn issues can destroy a marriage. Take this issue seriously and ignore all the replies from anyone that doesn't think porn is an issue. They are clearly ignorant!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No, porn does not negatively affect my relationship. I do not feel bad about myself when he watches it, in fact, we have watched some of it together. You shouldn't let it bother you, instead make it something you do together, you can learn some interesting things from these videos that you can try at home with your husband, even dress up and do a little fantasy role playing with him. Now as far as the religious aspect...I can't help you there. The bible is just another book in my opinion and I don't follow it's rules. Sorry!! But honestly, the only time I would get worried about porn being an issue is if he chooses porn over you. If he would rather watch it than be intimate with you. If you aren't being intimate with him, or not very often, I could also understand him turning to adult videos/mags. Hate me if you will, but men are very sexual creatures.
    Anonymous

• He chooses it over me, regularly. It's ME that wants sex all the time, not him. He'd rather watch porn than be with me. I don't get it. It really hurts me.
    Anonymous

• Thank you :

* legalmommy101
    I really appreciate your thoughts.
    Anonymous

• i would speak to a couples therapist if i were you. maybe your husband is having issues himself? like if he's unhappy with his performance in bed, or he thinks he doesn't satisfy you, it could be one of a million things
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• LOL legalmommy101.

nice.
    Anonymous

• whoever said i was married or in a relationship? no one..so how would you know if my "man" is whacking it to porn?
    Anonymous

• You're welcome Op...and I really hope you two seek therapy for this. GL Anytime someone is going outside of the relationship to fulfill a need that is suppose to be met inside the relationship there's a problem and any therapist will tell you that.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

<> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009