Hey, how do I get a "signature" and where is everyone else getting theirs?

looking for info on how to add and where to get a cafe mom "signature".....i dont know how to make this any clearer.

mommystar717

Asked by mommystar717 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• well i made mine, in photoshop, and saved it to my computer. then you go to "privacy and settings" and click on "signatures" in the list on the left, and then add a signature (i think), and browse for it on your computer. add it... voila!

i don't know how people make the ones that move or flip through pictures or anything though.

i know there are groups on CM specifically for making siggys, though!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• To add an animated siggie, it has to go through Photobucket first. (or similar photo strorage site)

It will not take animation directly from your computer..

It you want to animate your siggy in Photoshop, click on edit in ImageReady and then click on Animation . Save on "Save Opimized as.." then upload to Photobucket.

It's really very fun!
    UltimateGrandma

Answer by UltimateGrandma at 12:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Hi mommystar717,

You can add a signature to your CafeMom profile. Your signature will appear on CafeMom group posts and messages.

Here's how to add a signature:

Click the 'My CafeMom' tab.
    Click on the 'Personal Details' button underneath your profile picture.
    On the left side of the next page, click the 'Signatures' link.
    The next page will give you details on adding a signature.
    You will see two options: 'Add a Rich Text Signature' (with links, colors, SweetPeas, etc.) or 'Add a Plain Text Signature' (no links or colors).
    Decide which kind of signature you would like to create and click the appropriate button.

Follow the instructions on that page to create your signature.

Once you've created your signature, be sure to set it as your default if you want to use it every time you post or send a messaon CafeMom.

\The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 8:15 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Some people make their own signatures (as mentioned above). You need a photo editing program like Paint Shop Pro, Photo Shop, etc. Or there are free online sites such as paint.net, photobucket.com, etc. You can do a google search for free online programs. AND then there are a TON of signature groups here in CafeMom. Toadily Grand Slammin Profiles has great designers who do requests from members; also Showcase Signatures. Some groups are tag groups where they make an offer and if you want it you ask for it such as Trinkets And Treasures, The Secret Garden and Tags, Graphics & Backgrounds. Good luck to you and if you have any questions about my response feel free to ask me!!!
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Please forgive me as I named a group wrong. It's Signature Showcase. Sorry!!
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009