Does anyone know....

Anything about donating plasma... does it hurt?? Do you get paid??? what are the restrictions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have never done it, but I have heard that in some cases you do get paid, it takes 3 times as long, but not painful-- same as donating blood. You have the initial pinprick-- or two-- and you sit back and relax. I believe the restrictions are the same-- you cannot have gone to Africa, must be height/weight proportional, not have had sex with someone who has had AIDS or Hepatitis, or have had sex with someone at risk for contracting the conditions, or have a lifestyle yourself that is high risk for contracting the conditions (i.e. use of needle drugs). You also cannot be pregnant or sick. There's a bunch of questions they will ask you when you go in.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• it just like giving blood. most places pay you for it. I'm sure there are restrictions like they have for giving blood. tattoos and whatnot.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 12:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• along with what every else has told you, it can be very hard on your body if you do it to often. My roomates and I donated a lot in college and a year later a started having some health problems. I have always wondered if I caused my bad health by donating my plasma. If your tight on cash there are other ways to make money that take little time. This is what I have been doing. http://AmmyWilkins.MyWorldPower.com It has provided me with residual income unlike donating plasma.
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 12:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2009