What do you mom's think.....

I know this mom who smokes pot.. she smokes daily and i am pretty sure she smokes around her kids.. and that they have been around it so much they dont even know what it is.... My friend told me they weren't drug addicts, the were just hippies. She doesnt seem on drugs when i have been around her, if i hadnt seen her i probly wouldnt even know.... but it is still wrong. and i feel like i should tell someone. so my question is how many mom's think smoking pot makes you a bad parent... even if you dont smoke in front of them... cuz i think its wrong

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you should mind your own business, and maybe educate yourself on the "dangers" of marijuana. Smoking marijuana does not make you a bad parent. In fact, I think some of you might be better moms if you toked a little now and then..

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 1:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• WRONG! VERY WRONG! I would definitely think about reporting your "friend" I'm sorry you have to think about those children first and foremost. I mean I have experimented, but that was years before I got pregnant...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i think its wrong! she is endangering her children
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• She isn't my friend, she works with my friend who doesnt have kids.... and i was 8informes of this and walked in on it... She seems like a great mom, and i would have never even known probly... she doesn't seem like the drug addicted mom who deserves to lose her kids.??? ya know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It's really not that serious. I know people who smoke and they don't do it in front of their kids. Weed doesn't take you to a place where you're so f*d up that you can't care for your children. Seriously, even if you call, nothing will probably happen. Even if they got a warrant to search their house (would never happen, DAs and cops aren't out to lock up weed smokers), all they would get are misdemeanors and their children wouldn't be going anywhere anyway. The children will suffer. You said it yourself that she seemed normal to you. Do you think her children are in danger?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i know most people think pot is no big deal, but it is a drug, often a gateway drug, and whether or not she seems like a good mom she is still endangering her kids. you should report it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well I don't know if I would report it or not. Only b/c I know that the kids will be the ones to suffer. If I knew the kids were in no danger and have never been hurt or in danger then I probably wouldn't. However, I DO THINK SMOKING POT IS WRONG NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES! That is not right for the parent to do it, whether their child is there or not. That being said, you might just watch out and make sure the kids are in dangers way and if you think they are then yes definately call in but if not then I would leave it alone.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 9:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If pot is a gateway drug well then for 5 years I've been stadnind in the gate and my dad has been standing at the gate for 40+ years.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i thinks its wrong to smoke in front of the kids.what an adult does is their own business but when the kids are around it that makes it everyones business.its not like the kids get a say in what they are forced to inhale.
    pattisayshello

Answer by pattisayshello at 3:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• but i wouldn't report it.they is alot more damaging things a parent can do to a child, and if this parent isn't abusive, then why get the authorities involved, they got enough going on with all of the abuse you see on the news everyday
    pattisayshello

Answer by pattisayshello at 3:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009