Where's the attraction? I don't get it...

How is it that some women can be with a man that doesn't support his child/children from previous relationships? My ex got behind not a month but way behind in child support it was one of main reasons why I left him. Our daughter was almost a year at the time and it just showed me what kind of father he really is.

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 12:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• they are selfish and get him and his money all to themselves...or so my x's current wife thought when she hooked up with him. Now they both have to pay me child support. They take her tax return to give to me and soon her lawsuit settlement for an accident will find it's way to my hands bc of his child support arrearage. Not sure why they are ignorant enough to believe child support will just go away. It wont'. My kids are in their 30's and I'm just now getting the child support paid to me. Ladies, let it be a lesson, never give up fighting for child support! (he has to pay 12% interest for the past 30 yrs too in addition to the child support he thought he would never have to pay)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You mean....where's the brains? I was wondering the same thing.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Its wishful  thinking I guess. I guess they think this man wouldn't do it to them. Not only would he do the same to you, but its not a great testament to what kind of man he is or what type of father he would be.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know what I' about to say isn't right but, I am a realist. I have known people and heard stories. And sometimes a man doesn't treat his children from an ex right but he does treat his current children right. Sometimes, it seems, when people have children with the wrong person, they don't treat the kids right. I would hate to be in those circumstances & don't wish it on anyone but, honestly if my DH or SO was treating me & my kids right I would learn to live with how he treats his other kids. My kids are number one to me. And don' say it can't happen that way, because it can, I have seen it. (no not my man, thank God I don't have to deal with this).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It has everything to do with how they will treat any children they have with you. My ex was good to my daughter... until I left his sorry ass. and the " I would deal with how he treated his other kids as long as he was good to me and mine" isn't only sick it's stupid women like that can go ahead and enjoy these men and their money for now... until they are living in a box with prince charming after it catches up to them and they lose their house!
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• wow really..ok so my ex owes back child support of about 40k but he has made a real effort to pay that back once he got his life together. he is remarried and he hasn't not taken care of her or her children. he works about 70 hours a week to make enough money to pay me and to pay for their home. i don't think all men should be held accountable as one. just cause he wasn't responsible at one point doesn't mean he is a cold heartless bastard. just means he is flawed like everyone else and really screwed up his life. he has to own up to it and he really screwed himself more then he screwed me. with the interest etc. he won't be paying that off anytime soon.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i often wonder this. my bff has 2 kids who's dad owes 19 months back CS for one and 11 months back child support for the other, and his new little hoe is TRYING to get pregnant...he has no job and she works pt at taco bell and she thinks it's going to be "lots of fun" where the hell are these peoples brains?!?
    mommashaybay

Answer by mommashaybay at 3:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Wow. People can be so judgmental. My DF owes 30k in CS because the Mother claimed the kids on welfare while we had them. While we have been fighting this the interest keeps accruing so he owes more and more everyday until this is resolved. They even had the nerve to suspend my DF license and he went to jail for driving on a suspended license!!!! We FINALLY have gotten a lawyer and things are finally turning around. Just because a man owes CS doesn't mean there isn't a logical explanation. Some people assume too much!!!!!!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It's the 'he won't treat me like that'. Some women just don't see a man for what he is. But the same can be said for some men.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 6, 2009