How do I accept the fact that my DH is cheating on me and NEVER intends to stop??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Either accept it or leave. Adultery is grounds for divorce.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• just know that you deserve and could find better. You don't wanna be with someone, who tells you they are cheating and don't plan on stopping. Leave him, get child support, and find a better man to love you and only you. Good Luck.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• DON'T accept it!! find someone who will love and cherish you -- yes, there is someone out there who will make you happy and treat you like a queen!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Why should you accept it? That is not acceptable... sounds like you're fighting a losing battle with yourself. Cut it out and cut him loose. You shouldn't be expected to compromise your integrity because he wants to be selfish.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Why would you WANT to accept that? You don't need to be treated that way! Ditto to llansky...find someone who will love you and treat you like you deserve to be treated!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Darling, don't accept it, reject it! You deserve so much better. In time you will come to terms with this. Until then take care of yourself in every possible way that you can. I'm so sorry this has happened. No matter how much you love him, you have to find the strength to love yourself more. I wish you all the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• some wives just turn a blind eye and keep on living life. Some husbands are addicted to sex and you can't stop them. I know a guy who cheats on his wife constantly and can't stop if he wanted to. She was told but chooses to not believe it. Denial is a safe place for some. He has no intention of ever leaving his wife. He considers his cheating separate from his marriage. He cheats at lunch, before work and after work so his "we" time with wife is never disrupted. He sees nothing wrong with it. I'm sure she'd disagree if she ever accepted what he does but I'm sure she'd never leave. He is military and she wouldn't want to give up that big new house they just built and all the new furniture they just bought and living very well so she accepts it ...or pretends it doesn't happen. whatever works for her, she does it. I'm sure you can too if it's what you want.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• admckenzie - the military looks down on adultery, she can get quite a bit out of him if she decided to pursue it
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know someone who does that. Her husband is not a sex addict and he doesn't cheats once in a while, but he's been doing it for years, lies, leaves his wife and young daughter at home while he is out in the bars looking for someone to pick up. He has a child that I believe is too young to have been conceived before he hooked up with his wife. She will never leave him. She admits that she doesn't know what it means to be truly happy and has accepted that this is her marriage. She is just trying to be a good person and keep her family together and honor vows she took in the name of God, which is important to her. But I just keep thinking she deserves so much more. She deserves someone who treats her like a queen, because that is how she acts, in a good way. Everyone deserves to be happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• why would you want to accept that, just leave you deserve better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2009