Would you ever consider or have you given up your child because they had a defect or DS? My girlfriends 2nd aunt had a DS baby & gave her up & it breaks my heart

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No i haven't, and no I wouldn't. Having a child is a blessing, and you should accept it no matter what...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It is sad, but so many people abort when they find out the baby has a problem. I'm glad she didn't choose that.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• that's horrible I'd never do that ... everything happens for a reason tho, i hope that whoever gets the baby will love that baby more then your gf's 2nd aunt ever could have
    ChiTownMoMMi84

Answer by ChiTownMoMMi84 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't know that is a hard one...I don't think anyone wuld know what they would do unless they were in her shoes... she did have the baby, that in itself is a blesing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• sounds like the only reason she had the baby was because she didnt know it had DS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• This isn't a question for someone to judge someone else on. This is a very personal decision that nobody can make for someone else. Alot of people say "I wouldn't" but you can't really say that unless you've been put in that situation before. My daughter was diagnosed with spina bifida early in the pregnancy. The doctor told us to consider abortion because she would never walk and most likely would be mentally handicapped. I'm not going to lie, we considered it. But for us, our own personal choice, we decided to keep her. We had tried for 2 1/2 years and the thought of terminating a pregnancy that we wanted soooo bad was just not going to happen. My daughter is now 5 and I couldn't imagine my life without her. She's my shining star and I thank God, or whoever you believe in, every day for her.
    meesa0210

Answer by meesa0210 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009