Are you going to breastfeed or bottle feed your baby?

I plan to nurse! I think it's for best it seems intense haha, but it's the natural way. Is it comfortable?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 12:43 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• breastfeeding
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• breast is best! it can take a little while for you both to get the hang of it, but before too long its second nature, and its great to know that your body is sustaining your child (yeah, you grew him inside you but now you can physically see him growing bigger and stronger!)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Very true!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I plan to breastfeed. It can often be hard at the beginning, but for most it gets really easy pretty quickly.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:15 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I plan to breastfeed. I know the benefits of breastmilk versus formula-feeding. And I heard it burns calories like crazy in the beginning!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i'm definitely breastfeeding!!! that breast-milk contains something called colostrum that's vital to the baby. no formula has it! PLUS, it's cheaper than going and buying formula at the store!
    i have graduated with my bachelor's degree in early childhood development, and have seen the statistics on children who have been breastfed compared to those who have not... on average, kids who have been breastfed tend to have a higher IQ, healthier, and more social than those who are not.
    charmbracelet84

Answer by charmbracelet84 at 6:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It's a sensation you have to get used to. If there is a lot of pain, you need to fix the latch-you want a big open O mouth with lips flanged out and/or change positions. How wonderful it is to read that there are more moms planning to nurse. It's great for baby & body!
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I breastfed my son and I plan on doing it again with this new baby. For me, it did start as "breast is best" but once we got the hang of it I found it to be so convenient that I couldn't imagine not doing it again! I never had to lug around bottles and formula and water to mix it up. i didn't have to worry about anything being too hot or too cold, and best of all, I had the perfect excuse to hold my sweet little baby almost all day long! What I did not know, is that neither babies nor moms really know exactly what they are doing when they try to breastfeed in the beginning. Lactation consultants are your friends, even if you have already been breastfeeding for a month and start having issues they are always willing to help. Also, no one ever told me that pain wasn't normal. My nipple cracked and bled and I thought that was normal, now I know better! Good luck, you are going to love breastfeeding and so will your baby!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009