Does anyone else's toddler sweat in their sleep?

My daughter will be 2 on the 23rd of April, and she sweats in her sleep at night. Her room is not hot either, I think it might be a lil cold. She sleeps in a -very light- long sleeve shirt and pants (its 30 degrees outside), so I still think its cold. I just wonder why she sweats in her sleep, its not excessive, just enough to notice, (back of her neck is wet, bottom of her hair is wet, back feels warm) ya know? My hubby does it too, and he jokes that she gets it from her daddy...

armywifeandmom3

Asked by armywifeandmom3 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is like that but my husband and father in law do it to.... there just warmed blooded
    cindythemom

Answer by cindythemom at 1:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah my 12 month old Cale sweats in his sleep a lot it doesn't matter if it's chilly or hot as crap in our room he still sweats. Weird huh?!?!?!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 1:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• She sweats through her clothes. But my husband sweats in his sleep in the dead of winter. My dad does too. Both my mom and I have left our beds because the heat radiating off our husbands has been too much.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My son does that his dad also does
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i just noticed my soon to be 11 month old daughter has been sweating a bit too. but in her case i think it's just because it's been getting warmer around here. =\

i've heard of some babies getting sweaty during sleep, but not during playtime. i think as long as she's getting enough to drink and is hydrated she'll be all right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Okay, so I feel better about her sweating. I kept thinking she had a fever or something, and was constantly checking her temp, but nothing. haha. Its snowing outside, the house is set on 65 or around there, and she is sweating, haha. Poor girl. I am under two covers, got on pants, and a long sleeve shirt, haha. Thanks for the quick answers ladies =)
    armywifeandmom3

Answer by armywifeandmom3 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My kids sweat like crazy!!! I have a 7 year old, 3 year old and a 7 month old and they always sweat in their sleep. Always have. Its so strange!!
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 1:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• my daughter sweats too and her dad does it
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Girly, as many times as I've told you about Lana sweating you should've known it was normal! Lol. Lana still sweats in her sleep like crazy with the ac on and her ceiling fan on and she usually kicks out of her blanket. Ricky's the same way, it's just part of how they are.
    LanasMommy0504

Answer by LanasMommy0504 at 4:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 19 months old and sweats like crazy when she sleeps..She will be drenched by the time she wakes up. But daddy is the same way. He radiates so much heat its crazy. Some times i feel trapped in a heat box with my daughter on one side of me and daddy on the other and they both sweat. So i would assume its normal.
    newbee123

Answer by newbee123 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2009