do we have to pick out God parents for my baby's upcoming dedication?

we haven't yet.... can we decide later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is that the same or similar to baptism? For baptism you need to have God Parents or at least the sponsors at the service, as they will answer the questions for the infant.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Talk to whoever is doing the dedication - they are the ones who would tell you what the requirements, if any, are.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We did just a dedication with no baptism. Just me and my husband stood up and promised to God and the Church that we would raise our son in a Christan home and teach him the values improtant to God and us as a chruch family.
    He still has no Godparents and is 2.
    We will probably never assign them to him since we have a huge exteneded family and our will states who gets custody in the event of death or injury.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My son's Godparents don't have to (aren't going to) take him if something happens to us. They're his spiritual guides but they don't have to raise him as we also have a large family. Decide what responsibilities you want them to have if you choose even to have any.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009