How do I get my son to stop biting?

My son is two and usually only bites his big brother. I have told him no, but he has been doing it for the past few days.

smileysmama

Asked by smileysmama at 1:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has done the same thing. I have been told it is a pretty "normal" phase to go through. Just be consistent with a firm "no" and remove him from the situation and /or anything that is encouraging to him. When you pick himi up to remove him don't let him face you, put him in a nuetral area and say no biting. At the same time your not supposed to pay much attention to it beyond that. You really give attention to behavior that you want to continue. It worked for us- my daughter did it too and it didn't last long at all.
    sheahan97

Answer by sheahan97 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Bite him back, I guarantee he'll stop doing it.
    Anonymous

• My peditrician once told me to bite back lightly. Not hard enough to break skin everytime child bites you or someone else. It worked she stopped biting my daughter that is.
    meima1

Answer by meima1 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2008