Easter is coming up soon do you celebrate it?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course we celebrate the glorious resurrection of our Lord and Savior! The greatest event in the history of mankind. He overcame the grave, defeated the enemy (satan),and gave us forgiveness, hope for the future,and life eternal all in that one blessed event! Can't imagine not celebrating!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No, but we do observe the Memorial of Christs death as he said to, this year it's on April 9th after sundown. Luke 22:19
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We celebrate it. Something we used to do and I miss is this - We used to save the trunk of our Christmas tree every year and cut it in half, then make a cross out of it for Easter. The reason for this was to help remind us that Christmas / Christ's birth means nothing without His death and resurrection. We need both!

We had to stop doing this though when I developed an allergy to our Christmas trees and we had to switch to a fake tree.

There are other ways we celebrate as well, but in the spiritual and in the secular sense.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I make a big dinner and the kids get easter baskets but that's about it. My mom will be here for Easter and I have to find her a Catholic church to go to.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We'll celebrate Holy Week, attend church and do a big lunch with ham and all that. We'll probably also take my toddler for an egg hunt & I'll fill his basket to find in the morning.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We celebrate Easter but we have always practiced the Pagan traditions not  the Christian ones.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We celebrate the commercial side of Easter. We color eggs, the kids get baskets full of candy and small toys, we do an egg hunt and have a big ham dinner. That's it. There is no religious meaning for us since we are atheists, it's just a fun day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• no but I celebrate the memorial of christ
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Our family celebrates it. My kids 4 & 7 are learning about how Jesus died on the cross for our sins and they are out of school on Friday for Good Friday and we have explained to them what that Friday is and why it is so important to us as a child of God and we have told them that on Sunday morning how Jesus arose from the dead. They are still learning about it but it is great to be able to teach them what it is all about. We will go to church on Sunday and celebrate that Jesus is alive and is well. We will also have a big lunch and we will let them hunt easter eggs since that is what they used to think easter was about and its fun.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 9:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2009