Is there a way to detox/cleanse without having to go out and buy something?

What I mean is there a way to do it by just using something that I would probably already have in my fridge or pantry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• Drinking water. But don't drink too much, that can cause you to get bloated.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• 10 oz warm water and 2 tablespoons of salt...mix it up and down it, in about half hour you will be detoxed
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• eating/taking fiber... drinking water... ? that's all i can think of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• do a water diet for a 24 hour period, no more than once a month
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Be careful with water. You can actually die from drinking too much. A woman did die as part of a radio contest a couple of years ago, but I think she drank a ridiculous quantity.

You can remove foods that are harder to digest from you diet for a few days like meat or dairy, no wheat.

I have a drink I take about once every couple of months. I love it because I don't have to fast. If you are interested you can check it out at https://secure.myarbonne.com/arbonne/try.nsf/p1/1?OpenDocument&shoppingcart=1

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i heard about that radio contest, too. she wanted to win a wii for her family. they had to chug as much water as she could, and then whoever could wait the longest before peeing won. she had commented that her belly was so distended that she looked like she was 5 months pregnant

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• That women also drank gallons upon gallons within a short time period. And, no, drinking up to 100oz a day won't leave you bloated. Drinking water actually flushes your system and relives water retention. And, I mean plain ole' water. Eating plenty of fuits and veggies and whole grain foods also help. As long as you are drinking the water and eating the food, your body will do what it is naturally supposed to do. Cleanse itself. I hate all the misconception and mumbo-jumbo told on here. Like that you need Acaiberries and colon clenses. Yeah right. Try just eating properly and no processed foods. It does wonders.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2009