my 4 1/2 month old wont stop crying

my 4 1/2 month old wont stop crying this has been going on for the passed 2 weeks and iv tryed every thing teething ring baby tylenol feeding him when hes need to be feed iv tryed EVERY thing and nothing is working im a single 18 year old mom with no help so im hoping you guys can please help me out thank you kerri

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried swaddling?

my older son was colicky, the only thing that worked with him was bouncing. i had one of those exercise balls, and for 4 hours in the middle of the night (10-2am) i'd hold him, bounce on that damn ball and watch infomercials. its worth a shot?

i know how frustrating it is, believe you me, don't be afraid to just set him down for a few minutes and give yourself a break. he'll still be there when you come back
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• He's probably feeding off of your stress at this point. I cant talk a whole bunch right now because my DD is waking up and I need to get to bed, but feel free to PM me. I'm also an 18 year old first time mom.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I would hold my daughter and do this weird thing almost like a deep sigh and kinda say hmmmm.over and over and over getting a little more quiet as she calmed down. It made me look like a crazy lady I'm sure but I think it worked to keep me calm too which is a plus babies can sense when you're panicked. My daughters going to be 5 this year and I caught myself doing it the other day when she was sick.... I am a crazy lady. haha
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2009