Just curious is there anyway to know when your going to go into labor besides water breaking,etc. Like any old wives tales, etc.???

Just want to know is there anything the body does before it goes into labor besides water breaking.....etc.

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • horray for VBACs!! there's no real way to tell when you're going to have your baby. vaginal exams that tell you how dilated or effaced you are are still no indicator. basically when you're having contractions that won't go away with drinking water and resting, and they're getting progressively more intense and closer together, you're in labour :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You feel alot of pressure some have feelings of cramping and pains like you might have to go to the bathroom. But hopefully my water breaks first cause I'm worried about the same thing you are. My water broke with my first one then I was induced so I'm not to experienced. BUT the docter said I WILL know. Good luck with your delivery
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• thanks this will be my first vaginal birth so i'm a bit unexperienced but thank you
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• thank you and yup VBAC and at home .....i have alot of first for this pregnancy !!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2009