Picking a pediatrician

Im currently half way through my pregnancy and my doctor wants me to chose a pediatrician so she can send all my records to the hospital. I am going to a doctor who is farther away from me than I would like to travel for a pediatrician, so the pediatricians she recommended were no where near where I live. How would i go about finding a good doctor in my area? Someone I know will be good to my daughter. I dont want to spend what little time I have during the week going from office to office hunting one out.

leostarlette

Asked by leostarlette at 2:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have any friends or neighbors with kids? Always a good place to start. Go to the internet too. Most practices have web pages now so you can read a little about their backgrounds. Do you prefer an older dr with more experience or a younger dr who is up on the latest treatments? Would you like a small practice (more chance of seeing your chosen dr) or a larger practice (more chance of getting in fast, may have more facilities like blood draw on the premises)? Would you prefer a pediatrician practice or a family practice, first being more specialized and second meaning they won't need to change drs. Check which hospital they had admitting privileges at too, make sure it's local and good. Once you narrow it down you can call and ask for a brief interview. We went with the first dr we saw, young and friendly in a medium size practice with a good office staff.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2009