Okay I have to questions please help?

1st is how long should you be contracting 3mins apart before going to l&d? My water hasn't broke unless I some how didn't notice. and 2nd Just incase this another false alarm I have had 2 very realistic ones. Are there any other methods of induction? I am suppose to be induced medically on the 14th if I don't deliver I hate that medicine they give you? I've tried Castor oil, spicy food, Rasberry tea, sex, Kiwi, accupressure and the visualizing the cervix opening.Any others would be appreciated.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Physical activity can also help. Also, it's tmi, but it's not just sex, but good sex (with a climax, and also with ejaculation inside you) that helps, for various reasons.

But at 3 min apart, you need to go to the hospital! My water didn't break with either of my kids. My ds was induced, then emergency c-section and they broke my water, and with my dd, I went into labor and was in active labor, and they still ended up breaking my water.

But if your contractions are 3 minutes apart, I would go to the hospital or birthing center NOW though.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• When I was pregnant my dr. told me to stimulate my nipples to induce labor. I guess it's worth a try.
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 3:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I am sure you will be aware that your water breaks! There is always walking....also...that wasn't listed. Good luck! Are you past your dd? I am due the 12th!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• at 3 minutes apart! you need to be headed to the birthing center so you don't have that baby at home. even if it is a false alarm it is better it be save. My water never breaks on its own, the doctor always has to break it after i go into labor. you can try to induce labor as much as you want, but baby is not going to come until he/she is ready. Try relaxing, after all it might be your last chance to relax and have peace and quite for awhile, your body will do what it needs to when it is ready. but if you are having regular contractions 3 min apart get to L&d. good luck!
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 5:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My midwife said, 3-5 minutes apart for at least a half hour straight and gaining in intensity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If your contractions are timing 3 minutes apart... I would think you would want to wait long enough to see if they are consistent. I waited about 4 hours to make sure mine were real and for my dh to get home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2009