I'm mad at God. Haven't been to church in a month and not sure I'm going back. Got any words for me?

We've been slammed against every rock imaginable. Lost our jobs last year, & our house, moved to new town only to have 1/2 our income taken away again within 3 months, saw our credit get ruined because we couldn't pay the bills, moved back (DH got offer for better pay), but we can't even get out of this financial hole (every time we turn around it's another WHAM up side the head - and it's always big amounts -like our insurance screwed up and took 2000 out of our bank without our knowledge- which caused ALL of our bills to bounce). I'm tired of fighting. We're having to live in a crap house where the landlord won't give us a lease and threatens to make us move every time she gets a whim. We can't move out because our credit is screwed, we can't get caught up, and I feel absolutely stuck, trapped. If God loves me so much, where is he? We stayed faithful thru it all. Tithed and all. What's a body to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• As much as God is for you, there is another that is working just as hard against you. I know it is difficult to see the bright side of things, but know that God isn't doing this to you. These are very difficult times for you and now is when you need God the most. Turning your back and "ignoring" God isn't going to make anything in your life better, it is actually going to make you feel worse. We cant punish God when things don't go our way. It just doesn't work that way. Stay faithful. He will see you through this. Read 1Peter 4: 12-13.. This helped me when I had a really rough period. It is so easy to get angry and blame God for our problems, but look at what you do have. Like mikeysmomma1205 said.. it could be a lot worse. Don't lose faith, remember the poem Footprints... "when you saw only one set of footprints, it was then I carried you." He is waiting for you to lean on Him. Praying 4 u and your family.

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 9:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• First of all if you are struggling I wouldn't be giving any money to the church. Having faith in God is good but he's not going to get your bills paid. I have been there so I understad what your going through, keep working at it, things will get better it's just going to take a while.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• When I was going through a VERY hard time a few years ago I kept reminding myself of 2 things...

1. GOD NEVER LEAVES US!
    2. GOD NEVER GIVES US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE!

He may have a greater purpose for you later that you are not able to see.

Think of "life" like a puzzle and you've only got a few pieces now....based on those pieces you cannot see the big picture. God has the picture, trust in Him and He will bless you in the end!

Also try remembering what you still DO have.

I am sorry for your pain and sorrow, I hope you find a bit of joy and peace today!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It sounds trite, but when you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on! I've been where you are --still am in some respects, but I think the worst is over and my family is starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Now is when you need God most of all. Do go back to church. It's okay to be mad at God. But talk to Him. Let Him know honestly how you feel. But remember all the blessings that you have as well. True the house may not be where you want to be right now, but you do have a roof over your head. Talk to your preacher or someone in your church. They may be able to help in some ways. Continue to give as you are prospered. If some weeks you can't, don't worry too much about it. Like I said, I've been there. feel free to pm me if you need to talk. I can listen
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with being angry at God. Tell Him how you are feeling! He knows anyway. Dont give up on God though. He knows everything and sometimes our timing and Gods timing are completely different. Keep your eyes on God and dont let anger and frustration consume you. Then the devil will win. I know I have been there. God has said He knows the plans he has for us and they are not to harm us . Hang in there. I am truly sorry for your families struggles. Remember you have each other and it could always be a lot worse. I will pray for you and your family. May God give you grace, strength, wisdom and understanding to help you through!
    mikeysmomma1205

Answer by mikeysmomma1205 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• God does not have anything to do with that, like Jesus said i am no part of this world.GO BACK TO CHURCH.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 8:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• This is what life does. And it's hard to hold onto faith when things like this happen. For me I let go completely. And yes it is ok to be angry. I stopped because He no longer existed in my eyes and in my heart. Didn't make sense to be angry at what didn't exist. Get food stamps, cut what you can do without, and stop automatic account withdrawls. ( Yes I know they are convenient, but if my check says $200.00 they aren't taking $2,000.00) In the meantime do some soul searching. Remember to do your part so god can do his.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Can't get food stamps. We do not qualify for any kind of assistance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Seems to me like you are talking to the wrong God...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• DON'T GIVE UP ON GOD!!!! He is not the reason for the things wrong in this world and yes miracles can happen but maybe God has something else in store for you! He is not going to give you more than you can handle, even though at times it seems like it is 10 times more than you can handle. Tell God how you feel, even though he already knows and ask him to help you find ways to make it better. You should know the devil is going to do what he can to take you from God and look what is happening. What about in the Bible and Job and all the things that happened to him - he still trusted God. Don't give up on him. I promise it will get better. It may not be today, tomorrow or next year but it will when it is God's time for it too. Good luck but please don' t give up!
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 9:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009